Dec 16, 2008

Who knew????


School starts I have all the kids winter gear ready and wouldn't you know, the first snow fall Ginny complains that her coat isn't warm enough. Still on a very low income I search high and low for a warm winter coat under $40.00. Too my luck (or so I thought) I found one at army and navy for (can you believe) $29.00. It was warm, it was her size and best of all, it was pink. Three weeks later .... The zipper breaks. Now, apparently we are already into spring wear and there are no decent winter coats left to be found of course unless I want to pay closer to $100.00. Back to the old cold coat we go. Finally in desperation I thought either I fork out the bucks to get it fixed or I fix it myself. I googled how to fix a jacket zipper. I know! I am so cheap. Wouldn't you know, I found a site that explained that as long as the zipper is not missing teeth it is not broken. Who knew? All I had to do was pinch the latch closed more so that it was tight enough to close the zipper. I Love Google. They don't call me the google Queen for nothing. :)

No comments: