First of all, let me warn you, what you are about to read may be shocking to the soul. This entry may bring out feelings that you have not felt in some time. You may become jealous, angry, shocked or judgmental. Please note that the people described in this entry are all healthy, happy, and most of all, full of God's Grace.
In the last week or so Blaine and I have been behaving like crazy school kids. In the late hours of the night when the kids are sound asleep you will often hear the gut wrenching laughter of two grown adults making absolute fools of themselves. For some, our behavior would be uncalled of. Take tonight's supper for instance... The kids leave the table and it is just Blaine and I sitting at a large empty table still enjoying our supper. Instead of Blaine getting up and handing the bowl of salad to me, he proceeds to literally throw the bowl of salad up in the air and across the table for me to catch. I KNOW!!!! The best part, I caught it and none spilled out. I wonder what our kids will end up doing when they are grown adults just from watching us in action. After another bout of laughter Blaine gets serious and informs me of what dawned on him today. If others knew what we have done in the last 5 years they would be speechless. As he listed off these things I proceeded to laugh some more and add my own. Here is our list....
In the last five years we have .....
Moved twice
Changed churches
Changed schools twice
Taken two of my nieces in (to live with us) for a year each time
Had 4 different main vehicles and 3 different work vehicles
Went on a missions trip to Mexico
Went to Disneyland twice
Went to Ontario twice
Drove back from Ontario in just under 3 days
Blaine had his appendix removed
Malakai broke his arm
Had 2 bouts of chicken pox
Dealt with a family member having Breast cancer
Dealt with a family member having Prostate cancer
Lost two Grandmas
Lost an Aunty
Blaine switched Careers twice
Bought 2 dune buggies
Bought a holiday trailer
Became a full time working Mother
Had and got rid of two dogs and a cat
I took part in 2 Amazing Challenge events (AKA Amazing race)
Blaine took part in 1
Blaine bungee jumped for the first time
I am sure the list could go on and on. I mean, when you think about it, we have had 25 birthday parties, pulled at least a dozen teeth, kissed a million boo boo's, and wiped a gazillion tears.
So, are we simply to crazy for you? Or, do you still love us?
3 comments:
nope not too crazy for us!
Awww! I love you Erin!
yeah...and you should add a pink scooter to the list.
Post a Comment