May 10, 2011

Mothers day





Blaine asked me what he could do for mothers day. There was a mothers day brunch at church but I thought it would be nice to sleep in and enjoy a nice breakfast with the family instead. So I picked out a special brunch recipe and we bought all the ingredients for Blaine and the kids to prepare.

Now, there is always a standing rule in the Anderson family. If you have breakfast in bed you need to stay in bed till you are being served.

Here I was, mothers day morning sound asleep and I awoke to "Keegan don't be a dummy". That would be from Malakai of course. I tried to fall back asleep. I honestly did. Blaine blew his nose, and blew his nose again. Ginny was bouncing around, so much so that I felt the floor was going to cave in. Sleeping was just not going to happen. So, I finally decided to get up and sneak around down stairs, getting myself ready for church.  Amongst my sneaking this is what I heard.

Blaine - "Ginny, how does mom make a smoothie in the morning? I can't find the blender".
Ginny - "Dad she doesn't have a blender, she uses that long thing that you press and it goes grrrr". 

Keegan - "Dad, how is mom going to eat all of this? This is a lot of food".
Blaine - "Keegan, this is for everyone".
Malakai - "Oh yumm! I can eat it all for sure".

Malakai - "I get to bring it down to mom because she said so". For the record ... I said nothing of the sort. :)

This puts Keegan and Malakai into an argument

Ginny - "Guys, don't fight. Let's make this a really special day for mom".

Blaine - "what? Don't tell me we don't have ice in this place".

It was so funny to sit downstairs, straightening my hair, listening to it all. I admit, there were times that I thought of running upstairs and saving him but to be honest, I was enjoying it immensely. Soon Blaine sent Malakai downstairs to get dressed. When Malakai noticed I was awake he was going to blow my cover but I talked him into keeping it a secret. After he was dressed he ran upstairs and Blaine announced that it was time for someone to quietly go and wake me up.

"Mom!" Malakai shouted from upstairs.
"Malakai, I asked you to quietly wake her up" Blaine explained.
"Why? She has been awake for a very long time".

No comments: