
We started a new thing in our household. It's called not using the credit card or over draft. Anything out of the ordinary spending should come from money other than regular pay. Since I really wanted a new computer desk I felt it was my duty to help bring in the money.
We decided that I would go to work with Blaine on his side jobs and help him, as well as make money. It was a huge eye opener for me. He is one smart man. I was amazed at the thinking and the stuff he is capable of doing. He is more my hero now than ever. After going along with him for 2 days I had another eye opener. While it may have been fun being an apprentice electrician, life would not be the same without a stay at home mom.
For 2 Saturdays my house went to chaos, only because I found myself once again in the working field. Since I am now home schooling, I am losing my mornings which I usually dedicate to cleaning my home. I admit, the short play dates here and there did interfere with my household duties but the boys get their nights out! I at least deserve some chatting time. By Monday morning we had a hurricane in our house and there was no one to clean it up but me. After all, everyone made the mess, it's my job to clean it up.
Let's see, it was about 5:30am on Monday morning when Blaine woke me up to tell me that I needed to wake up because the dog was sick all night and needed a bath. From the time I finished giving the dog a bath to the time that Blaine was walking out the door, the dog had made 2 messes on my floor then proceeded to jump on our bed and make a mess there as well.
So, I cleaned up the messes and threw all the bedding in the wash. No going back to bed for me. Then I attacked the dishwasher and the sink full of dishes. By this time it was time to wake the kids, get them dressed and get Ginny to school. From there it was off to find some new dog food and back home to a yet again dirty dog. Out went the dog. Through out the day I did schooling, laundry, Picked up all the toys, cleaned all the bedrooms, Vacuumed and swept all the floors. I believe it was 2:30 when I freaked out because we were late for an appointment at school. So, we made a mad dash and took care of that. After Ginny was done school I was exhausted. It was sunny and warm and a nice time at the park would put us in better spirits. Little did I anticipate an urgent run for the potty or a locked school door which led to Malakai peeing his pants. Park time was over and we had 3 more stops to make before I ended up at home.
Back at home I was right in the process of cooking supper when my mother in law called and needed her quilting supplies back so she could make some curtains. Do you think I could find those darn things? Blaine and I both saw them in our house so we know they are here but they are nowhere to be found. Off I was again to town to buy new supplies so my mother in law could pick them up the next morning. I finally got home again at 8:00. Thank goodness Blaine had the kids in bed. Unfortunately they weren't asleep yet so there was another 1/2 hr of "I'm thirsty" and "can I have a hug." I was just waiting for "can we go to the park again tomorrow"?
By the time the house was quiet I was ready for bed. But low and behold, the dog was still outside covered in...well, you get the picture. Blaine had no choice but to volunteer to bathe the dog again. I am sure he feared what would happen if he didn't.
So, would I trade in working with my foreman husband for staying at home. Absolutely not. Life is a "little" less chaotic when I just stick to one job. I don't mind helping Blaine out here and there, only cause he does do his share at home. Now that I got my computer desk though, I believe I won't be wanting anything else for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment