May 7, 2007

Miracle Monday

Normally a Monday is not so great in our household. It is usually a day for forgotten lunches, unplanned expenses and pure chaos. Today however I have called Miracle Monday. You see, we got the dune buggies insured on the weekend so yesterday was our first real experience with them. Loading and unloading them off of the trailer, pulling the trailer, the whole nine yards. The only problem with pulling the trailer is backing up and parking. Since I have yet to master this art I just park where no else is and where I can just keep going straight. I had no idea where I would park when I dropped Ginny off this morning. All the way to school I was praying for just the right spot. To my luck I found it and we survived that obstacle.

We were then off the in laws to return the trailer and unload the buggies. Things were going really well until I noticed a cop car behind me. This is always my luck. As soon as I saw him I realized I forgot my purse at home. I thought if I slowed down he would just pass me. No such luck he also slowed down. At this point I also remembered that the break lights and the left signal light on the trailer were not working. No big deal I thought. I will just stay in this lane. Yah you guessed it, my lane was quickly ending. Then before I knew it the cop pulled out and passed me. A big sigh of relief from me. When we finally got to the in laws and unloaded I was back on the road with the gas light on. With no wallet and a 30 min drive I was saying my prayers like crazy. Needless to say one sun shower and 2 stop lights later we seriously coasted in the drive way.

Now I just hope we make it to the corner gas station before we pick Ginny up.

No comments: