Well, we celebrated our 11th anniversary this weekend and it was wonderful. Just to inform you, the kids and I took a vote. Our hero is now named after a hero. Daddy is Batman! Don't tell anyone though, it's a secret. :)
Anyway, with all of the chaos that we were going through at home I was in desperate need for a romantic getaway. I quickly googled just that and ended up with this quaint escape in drumheller. I had booked us a message and a one nights stay in their best most romantic room. Friday night we dropped the kids off at my parents and were surprised that nearly the whole family made it out for a bomb fire and a good ole game of kick the can. It was fun to rehash all of my old hiding spots. I was amazed that I still fit in some of them.
Saturday morning we kissed our kids goodbye and headed on our little escape. Unfortunately when we showed up they made a mistake and didn't book our message. Being the nice people we are we held our head high and let it go. We then headed up town for some pizza and dessert. It was the best escape ever! The two of us sitting back in this huge king size bed with a jetted tub eating pizza and cheese cake. No kids hollering no phones ringing, no loud music and no screaming neighbors.
Of course we couldn't end there....in the morning, we headed for the most laughable game of golf ever! Have you ever heard of anyone loosing 15 balls on an 18 hole game? Well, we did it. Actually, it was 18 balls. It was quite the game. I am super sore and am even having a hard time moving the mouse. Needless to say, my first game of golf must have been a lucky one cause boy did I suck on my second one.
So, we headed to the parents picked up the kids and went home. At home we realized the cat had been locked in the girls bedroom all weekend. One bed was used as a littler box and one bed was used as a bed. Piles of laundry, bedding included, a bedroom that still needs to be mudded, and needs a door, a lawn that needs mowing and kids that need reinforcements and I am so glad I got my one night away.
No comments:
Post a Comment