Dec 10, 2007

The calm before the storm



We found this title the most appropriate seeing as that is exactly what it is. First let me tell you about the calm.

The calm was just that...So good for us. All the food you could eat, all the drinks you could drink. Time relaxing in the sun. Fun on Private beaches, swimming with dolphins, dance lessons, pool basketball, beach volley ball and so much more.

What we learn't about the calm....It is good to get away with your significant other to really touch base once and awhile. I learn't things in our relationship that I could improve on and things about myself that I had no idea he treasures. I learn't that over the years I have grown. Years ago if I had gone on stage and my pants had split I would have cried and never had shown my face again. "Yes you heard me right. My pants split on stage." All I can do is laugh and chalk it up as my most embarrassing moment.
We learn't how much we treasure each other and how we need to dedicate more time for just us more often. We learn't that we really need to hire our own maid and personal chef.

Now for the storm. I ended up catching some bug the day before we left. I was so sick I could barely walk. My parents were 1hr late picking us up from the airport. It took no time at all for the kids to get started on their bickering and tattling. While we were gone Erin slacked off in school and hid out in the bathroom with her friend so she didn't have to go to gym. Malakai's new phrase is "Holy Crap!" And there is now 4 scratches on our brand new counter top.

What we learn't about the storm....It is good to be home. I am now feeling some what better. Kids will be kids and they will eventually love each other. Erin is now going to be grounded for 2 weeks. Malakai will be brainwashed with a new phrase.. maybe one like Jesus loves me! As for the scratches, stuff happens. Our kids are alive, they are well, and they survived a week away from mommy and daddy. As for mommy and daddy we are rested, we are united and we are ready for the many storms to come. At least until next year.

No comments: