Apr 18, 2008

Kids, teens, mothers and Recruits

I think it is fair to admit "I am going CRAZY!" Here are some things that I have had to deal with in the last week. I hope you find humor in them because humor is the only thing that helps me stay sane.

Monday ~ Was just that...Monday. Kids were ornery. Erin almost missed her bus. I basically got attitude from the minute everyone woke up until everyone went to bed. was lectured by my mother for not being in Church on Sunday and how if I don't go to church my faith is going to slip and before I know it Church will be a holiday event. Need I repeat I missed church on Sunday. Not every Sunday, just one Sunday.

Tuesday ~ All plans were made and I was taking a friend out with me to visit my parents. Totally forgot I had to babysit. Got lectured again by my mother for being preoccupied with Blaine and my family. No comment.
Ended up that my parents must have felt bad because they came all the way in to take us out for ice cream to Dairy Queen. I ended up taking Erin to the doctor to show her by no means does she have mono. 1 hr later the doctor assured her 100% that she does not have mono. She still insisted that the doctor give her a blood test just to be sure. Let me also make a note that it was just 1 hr prior to the event that she asked if she could have a bite of my blizzard.

Wednesday ~ Went by in a total blur. Forgot about hot lunch at the school and that I was supposed to prep and hand it out. Took a friend to the doctor and babysat her 2 yr old. Yes! I confess, we skipped AWANA. One less place to go and one less late night. I am such a heathen and I am teaching my kids to be one at that!

Thursday ~ Erin almost missed her bus again! Flee market at school. Keegan and Ginny were very thoughtful and bought me great treasures. Blaine came home early so he barbecued, used his whole cool and collective "How does that make you feel" speech when I decided to finally rant. Went to wal Mart to buy Malakai a new rubber sheet and now pull ups since he is still driving me nuts with wetting his bed. Then was left all alone at 9pm while everyone else slept.

Today ~ Was woken up at 5:30 with Blaine washing up and some neighbors music. Got lectured by my mother yet again..don't ask. Had hot chocolate with my mother in law and Malakai. Went to pick up my sisters glasses and then.... the bomb squad came in.
Erin went to a friends house under the rules of "you are never to be at home with a friend alone at any time." BUSTED! Not only was she at a friends house with no parents for 2 hrs.... she was at a friends house with no parents with an older brother for 2 hrs. Let me say that Erin has not arrived home yet but when she does.....well lets just say parenting a teenager sucks. Any advise???????????? Oh, did I forget to tell you? Erin's results came in...Negative to Mono. Go figure.

I love weekends.

No comments: