Aug 27, 2009

Summer mayhem

I know! I got stuck in the blogger rut. Let me catch you up to speed.





This summer we purchased a new holiday trailer and have been absolutely loving it! We took a couple of weekends out at our parents, and a couple doing the real actual camping. Our most recent trip was to Calaway park where the kids had so much fun. The best way to entertain kids without a huge cost - go buy them a bug zapper tennis racket, then let them have at er with each other. Did I actually write that? JK! Actually, it makes an awesome war with adults though.


Living all the excitement through Malakai's eyes was such a treat. If there was a ride that he was tall enough to go on, he was going on it, even when we said "NO!" The funniest to watch was when he went on the boat. He was all good, screaming with his hands in the air, that is until the boat got really high and then he was clutching on for dear life. When he got off he said "mom that was awesome!" "Really?" I asked. "I though you looked pretty scared." "No" he says "I wasn't scared, I was just freaking out." Keegan on the other hand is not a ride person but I give him all the credit for trying.








In July, Ginny went to her very first summer camp all by herself. We dropped her off on Sunday night and she stayed until Wednesday morning. It made us really aware of just how independent she really is. Every time Blaine would try and help her, she would always say "I got it dad!"

In the first week of August I put on my cowboy hat and jeans and soon became Bayou Betty. It was so fun. I enjoyed singing and teaching the kids how to shine with God's light. Everyone put so much work into getting the set and all the details just right. When it was show time, the cricket sounds were heard, the mist above the "Dock" was seen and the set came to life. I have to admit, after a full week of hopping up and down, singing and shouting "Fear Not" I was ready for a holiday. Hey, that must be how I lost a few pounds. :)




Since we somehow were unable to get a single picture of the two of us on our Wedding day we decided that for this anniversary we would dawn our wedding garb and recreate the wedding pics. We had a great time and came out with some great pics. On our anniversary Blaine got my niece to babysit and surprised me by taking me to the fringe on whyte ave. He then took me out to a very nice Greek restaurant. It was such a nice night and made me feel that much more special to have spent the last 13 years with my best friend and lover.





Well, that about sums up our August at least. Ginny's turning eight tomorrow so give me a few more months and I will post about it. :)

No comments: