Even as I wrote my last post I was thinking about this one. Interesting enough, I never even had a chance to continue before a dear friend only hours after my post, commented on what I had wrote. It did not take long for someone to correct me and state that God is there with me also.
Because of what happened, Blaine and I actually "talked." Sure we talk here and there but with drinks in hand, trying to find a shelter in the heat wave, we sat in the stale heat, on our big bed and had a heart to heart.
Why is it that Christians have to judge each other? Interesting enough it is the one thing that God says not to do. We are told to take the speck out of our eye before we judge the speck in someone Else's. Yet we are constantly commenting on what other Christians watch, commenting on how we deal with our kids, commenting on how we deal with money, and commenting on how we deal with God. I know this is hard to hear but to me, it seems to take forever for Christians to be themselves around fellow followers. The sad part, how are we to become close friends when this barrier is up?
Three days ago, I came to a very scary part in my life. It felt like the last straw. A string of events lead up to the one loud cry of "where are you God?" Everything on the inside was falling apart.
Then, at 3:30 am, a summer storm hit. The lightning flashed, the thunder cracked and the rain poured down. As Malakai crawled in beside us because he was scared the sounds of the storm brought me this analogy.
A walk with God can be compared to a "summer storm." We can go really strong and then there is that huge heat wave, where it is so hot and so dry. Sometimes it doesn't rain for weeks. Usually at that point we are stale. We go off on our own tangent because things are not going the way we want them to go. We intend to fix them ourselves. We struggle with our daily devotions and so often replace it with "more important things." Everything seems to go wrong and sometimes we even lash out at God and ask why. That could be a very detrimental time in our lives. We could very easily fall away from God.
Yet eventually the lightning will come ~ God will correct our thoughts and we will fight back with more thoughts. The thunder with crack ~ God will battle for us. We are his children and not for one second will he let anyone or anything take us from him. Then, the rain will begin to drop ~ slowly we will begin to understand and we will break inside, letting all the wound up hurt and anguish free. As the rain begins to pour ~ God quenches our thirst with understanding. Sometimes we see the other side of the picture or understand why things are happening the way they are. Sometimes we just find peace and we gradually see tomorrow through his eyes.
So yes, even when we feel all alone and that family is the only thing we got. Just remember the summer storm and remember that the storm may be strong and it may uproot a lot but if we hang in there and keep believing that God will get us through, the storm will not last forever, you are not alone. God is with you also.
2 comments:
love the picture!
Tammy I have missed your posts so much, even though they may be sad, they still help me move on with my life. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. I miss you guys so much. I love you all.
Love your big sista
xxxx000000!!!!
Post a Comment