Jul 25, 2009

Kids will say the darndest things.


My bug seems to be growing right before my eyes. Last night while I was driving home with two of the kids, I was blessed with the sweetest conversation.

"When I grow up, I am going to be a farmer" Ginny says.
Keegan says "You can't be a farmer, boys are farmers."
"Well that o.k," she says. "I will just have a lot of work to do, won't I mom? "Then, when I find my husband I will ask him if he wants to have a farm with lots and lots of animals."
"No Ginny!" Keegan says. "It is the man's job to do all the farm work."
All of a sudden, Ginny gets this huge bright look in her eyes and says .. "Oh, that would work out perfect. My husband can do all the outdoor chores and I can take care of the house and clean it. That would be fun!" I am glad that she thinks house work will be fun. Boy is she in for a shocker.

~ Later in the evening I was overwhelmed with life and Blaine and I tried to find a secluded area where we could talk. In our little home, no where is secluded. It was not long before Malakai heard us talking and came in very quite. "Mommy, are you crying?" he asks. "Yes Malakai, mommy is crying." "Why are you crying" he questions.
What do you tell a five year old when you feel like life is spinning out of control and you are left in the dust. The main reason I was upset was because my heart was broken from a social issue, so all I could say was "Mommy is having troubles with friends. He walks over, puts his little hand on my shoulder and says "I will be your friend."

Of course by now everyone knows that I am upset and Keegan comes in and asks the same thing. His reply of course was "Daddy is your best friend. That is all you need mom."

Our little family is changing so quickly. They are getting more observant, sharing their feelings, dreaming and even sticking together. Right now, life is throwing all the punches. We are being jarred left and right with everything from finances to faith, but just like Keegan said, "we are all together and that is all we need."

2 comments:

erin said...

i'm sorry life is hard...we've felt the punches this year too but it does come back to God is with us and our family too...praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Tammy I cried when I read this, my heart is so sad when I think of how much I miss you all. I love you guys so very much. Love Corey-ann