I read a quote one day and it has been one of those quotes that has stuck in my head ever since (if I get enough courage you just may see it tattooed on my foot but that is a whole other post :).
My Quote: Life is a Journey, not a destination!
This one quote has held so much truth in our lives. We were Youth leaders, Drama directors, Awana Leaders and now Pre Teen leaders. Blaine did a shocker roo and decided one day to switch careers while another day deciding that it wasn't good for him and went back to electrical. I went from 10 years of being a stay at home mom to a full time Administrative Assistant. And yes as many remind us, we have a tenancy to move on a regular basis. The most awesome part of it all is that this whole time we have been loving friends, loving teens, loving children and loving each other. God has led us down this journey and all though there are times that we struggle and ask the why's or just don't know where we are going next, we are along for the ride and are loving the journey. Sometimes we look back and wish that we would have done things differently but then off we go down another fork in road, starting a new adventure.
This Friday we will be attempting a start down a new fork in the road. For so long I wanted to be where we are now going. For so long I wished to be closer to my parents and to our church family. Now the opportunity has come where we get to keep our house and rent it out, at the same time renting a house of our own. We are not the only ones excited. We have lots of friends excited about future walk nights and hang out nights and the kids have been adjusting in their new school since September and Love it! Today was the first day the kids got to see their new home and they got so excited about every part of it. We relished at the bike paths right down the road from us and we looked ahead into winter when we can toboggan down some more paths further down the road. Then, just as we were heading out the door we heared someone hollering Keegan's name. Can you believe that right across the street in the house directly across from us is a brother and sister that are in Keegan and Ginny's class? All I can say is, this is from God. This is our Journey that he is leading us on.
I am still toying with the sadness of once again packing up our memories and leaving some behind. I will miss my bestest friend and will miss the other friendships that were just getting started but the whole time I am reminded of......
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Yes it is true, my favorite quote has some false hoods. To my excitement there is a glorious destination that awaits me but until that time comes I am going to "Stand Sure" and continue forward on our Journey.
2 comments:
are you moving close to where we lived?!
We are moving in the same town that you lived in. Yeah!!! Now move back will yah? :)
Post a Comment