Dec 11, 2009

Maby I should bury myself in the 4 ft of snow we have.

I know, I have been a very distant blogger. It is the season and yet again I am trying to not let it get away with me. I was crazy enough to try and plan a 70th birthday party for my mom and dad. I forgot to mention it is a surprise. The party is tomorrow and Blaine's words of encouragement ... "are you going absolutely crazy with this party happening?" There is a second of silence before the phone rings yet again for the 5 time in the last 1/2 hour. "Cause you really have every right to be going crazy, especially with the phone ringing like it has been."

No Blaine, crazy is when my mom calls this afternoon and tells me that I am the only child in the family that is an "angel." What kind of a thing is that to say to your daughter of five kids? I mean no pressure or anything. Then she calls back this evening (right when I got home from work.) She needs to tell me how Dad is getting more frustrated and hates surprises and is easily irritated with noise. Did I mention that we are having a huge surprise birthday party tomorrow? While she is pouring her heart out, my chicken soup is boiling over, Ginny is informing that she is hungry, Keegan is asking me to switch the channel and Malakai is informing us that he is watching a show. I finally had to let her go and deal with dinner. 5 minutes later the phone rings. It is my mom again, telling me I am not an angel, in fact, I apparently have my moments where I can be just as hateful, angry and overwhelmed as the rest of them.

Do you think maybe she will be eating her words when I yell "SUPRISE!!?"

No comments: