Apr 26, 2010

On our way!

Our weekend was eventful, frustrating and exhausting, but in the end it turned out not so bad. I won't bore you with all the details but I will sum it up and give you the highlights.

Saturday ~ Ginny and Keegan went to an at home alone course. They were 40 min late because of my stupidity but it still went well. Blaine and I took Malakai to buy his first "new" bike. To see his face light up with excitement was well worth it. It brought back memories of when I was getting my first bike. My brother saw a black BMX bike and said it was pretty cool. It was mine the minute he said it was cool. NO pink, or tassels or barbie decals for that matter. I was in love with the plain black trick bike just because my brother liked it and boy could I fly on that bike. In fact I was determined that I was a BMXer just like on t.v. Later we went to visit friends and got to snuggle the new baby. The rest of the day resulted in a BBQ flying out of the truck and Blaine hating himself for being "so foolish" as he put it. The night ended with a quick view of a lonely moose in an empty field just off of the highway.

Sunday ~ We woke the kids up, got dressed in casual wear and headed to church on our bikes. I was so impressed that the kids made it that far. 4.4 km later, the only thing that comes to mind is, they are awesome at these family outings. After lunch, Blaine took off for a Kayak ride on the lake, while I got some Wii time with Malakai. With all that fresh air by the time bed time came along Ginny and Malakai were done like dinner. They were out without a peep.

This morning ~ Back on our bikes and to school we went. I am surprised at how fit our kids actually are. We haven't put them into any sports for years now but we do take every chance we can to go for walks, hikes, skating and bike rides. Today we took along a friend of Ginny's and needless to say, we were a little late for school.

So, while training for the Amazing Challenge (again) we are using our moments to have fun with our kids. I enjoy these moments with them. The greatest part is that while we are training, our kids are dreaming of the day when they can join the race with one of us. I can't wait!!!

No comments: