Feb 2, 2012

Looking back

I remember the first time I saw Blaine. It was my first day in a new school. I moved to Jasper with my parents and I was half done grade 10. As I walked the hall of the unfamiliar faces someone came alongside me and was excited to tell me how I had already won the heart a certain someone. I was anxious to find out who it was that found me so attractive. As this girl that I had just met pointed to Blaine I have to admit, it was not love at first site. There in the grade 11 class were 2 guys sitting together. One wearing a cowboy hat, the other a sombrero. Coming from a small hick town I was determined to find something remotely close to a city guy. It was just my luck to have a country bumpkin smitten for me. It could have been much worse though. He could have been wearing the sombrero. Turns out, it was just a dare and Although he was a 'cowboy' he was more than I could have ever asked for.

 Today as Malakai wore his cowboy hat (a hat that belonged to my brother years ago) it brought me back to that exciting September morning. he is so much like his daddy. Not afraid or concerned about what others think, all about enjoying life and making every moment fun. This evening my heart warmed as he once again dawned his cowboy hat and was square dancing with his sister in our livingroom. Toothless smile and all.

No comments: