Jan 27, 2012
I don't want to do my homework!!
First the stomach flu for Ginny then Malakai. I hate going out in public when there is a chance I have a bug. I hate puking let alone in public or when I have to ask someone to pull over so I can toss my cookies. Unfortunately last weekend I had no choice but to face my fear. I had a very important fire course which threw me in a vehicle at 7am and didn't allow me to return until 5pm. Surprisingly enough, I did it and I survived. A day or two later Keegan got sick and amongst them all Blaine had a day or two. I hung in there, Studying, and spending hours at the hall donning and doffing my gear in less than 2 minutes. Tomorrow begins the last two days of this class with a lot of physical stuff and the final exam. I still have chapters left to read and I just finished two hours of donning and doffing. I am proud to say though that I got all my stuff on in 1minute and 21 seconds. WOOO HOOO!! It's 9:47 pm and all I want to do is soak in the tub, crawl into bed and watch a great movie. I want to sleep in and wake up to the smell of waffles and the sound of kids watching morning cartoons. But I can't! I need to go upstairs, get my p.j's on and hit the books once again. If a fire call comes in before 1am I will have to shoot back out of bed and answer the call only to wake up again at 6:00 when the house is silent and fast asleep to once again prepare for a grueling day of classes and tests. It reminds me of how I have to beg the kids when they get home to do their homework. I guess now I know exactly how they feel. I don't want to take the time and learn all about the situation and how to take care of it. I just want to rescue someone. I just want to put out the fire or tear the vehicle apart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment