Usually I am quite organized. In fact there used to be a time when organization was a bad thing in my life. I was a stay at home mom and would spend all day cleaning and rearranging the house. Poor Blaine had no idea where anything was almost all of the time and my kids were always coming home to a new bedroom or toys that somehow wondered off to good will. Going back to work full time changed that about me. I am still organized however my house has now become accustomed to the "live in" look.
At first the "lived in Look" would make me panic and add a bit of anger to my day. Now with three kids and two adults on the run it is the new norm. Who knew though that this new norm would effect my kids the way that it has (more on how it has effected them later.)
This year I didn't want to make a New Years resolution but set a Goal instead. I have a few goals but one in particular is to get back in the groove of being a little more organized. Instead of throwing lunches in a Safeway bag I have now purchased lunch bags with water bottles and a special spoon and fork. We are trying to make lunches and lay our clothes out the night before, and I have also stocked my freezer full of dinners that should last us at least 3 weeks. I even have big ideas of a large family calendar a chore chart for my two eager beavers and a homework chart for our not so eager beaver. This may sound like my freakishness is back but honestly it is where it should be, and I know for a fact it will never get where it used to be. :) I don't expect things to go well every day and night. I am sure there will be times where we wake up in a rush and throw together everything all at once but hopefully those days will be few and far between.
Here's to hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment