Jul 29, 2012

Determination

Yesterday as Blaine and I drove to Home Depot I felt this overwhelming surge of emotion.  What the heck is wrong with me I thought, and then I quickly realized it was a good emotion, a full heart feeling, an excitement of the things I have accomplished lately and the feeling of Joy and Peace.

After ending a week of 4 structure fires, 2 river rescues and 2 flooded basements, all in 72 hours and during the deep hours of sleep I was exhausted. Following that I babysat our sweet Eden for the weekend and was so blessed with an overabundance amount of hugs, kisses and "I llla  luuuu's".




During my week of lack of sleep I had overheard Chief talking about a workout that he wanted all of us to start doing together.  The workout is called INSANITY and all he could say is that it was very hard.  My thoughts immediately went to a bunch of men and myself, stuck in our training room sweating to death and me making an absolute fool of myself.  So, instead of waiting a month until this began I decided to start without them.  

So while I was with Eden I watched the clips and mentally prepared myself for the worst and began to set some goals.  For 6 days straight I set my alarm for 7:00am.  The minute my alarm when off I would fight all instincts to press snooze and sleepily drag my butt out of bed.  I would then dress in my work out gear and proceed to gulp (gag) down a glass full of my Greens Plus followed by half a banana.  I learned quick that is about all I can handle in my stomach before doing such and intense workout.  From there I would head into the office and begin the 40 minutes of H*&%%.  

Insanity is a perfect word for this workout.  It is the only word that can be used to describe it.  So, for 5 days this was my routine.  On Saturday (day 6) I woke up and thought "I must do it now!! Or I never will get it done today if I don't."  As soon as I was done I felt such accomplishment.  6 full days of working out!  6 full days of that disgusting drink!  6 full days of not hitting snooze!  And in those days I have improved enough that I can actually get through the entire warmup without stopping.  Yes I said warm up.  It really is that insane!!  Followed by that Ginny and I made some banana bread and Blaine and I worked hard together landscaping our rental unit.  


My house is still unkept, my laundry is still behind but I don't really care about that right now.  I spent time with my kids.  I spent time on a project with my fav. person, and I even canned for the very first time, making 2 jars of Choke Cherry Apple Butter.  I am also finally at peace with the trailer in a horrible state and still being on the market.  I am moving up, leaps and bounds and I feel so good.  Now I just have to get through the next 8 weeks. :)  













No comments: