Sep 17, 2012

Ninja Snake

So we have this snake that the kids named Flaming Bob (don't ask).  FB has a tendency to escape his confined space from time to time.  Usually when he escapes we know he is missing and find him within a day or two.  The longest he has gone missing has been for four days and our poor Ginny was the one to find him when she went into the baseball bag for some sunscreen.  Shrieking screams let us know that the snake was found and that he was once again on his way to his secure glass enclosed home.

This morning was a typical hectic, insane morning for us.  My house is in disarray with a clogged kitchen sink, dirty clothes strung from one end to the next and the remainder of this mornings breakfast on the table.  I am in no mood to clean since I was out on two fire calls during the night and it feels more like bed time than morning time to me.  The kids were wrestling, goofing around and trying their hardest to postpone getting off to school.  At that point I was beyond frustrated and pleaded with them one more time to "please get your shoes on and get out the door to school."  All of a sudden without any warning whatsoever Ginny tosses her shoe on the floor and begins to scream frantically. "The snake is in my shoe she cry's."  All I can do is laugh.  The boys are on the floor rolling in laughter, the snake is slithering out of her shoe rather stunned and Ginny continues to stand in the middle of the floor screaming, crying, and shaking.  Apparently when she went to put her shoe on she felt something inside and thought it was the tongue of her shoe.  She then proceeded to stick her hand inside to pull it out.  To her fright, it was not the tongue of her shoe that she felt but rather the tongue of Flaming Bob.  After I returned the snake and calmed the boys down from their giggles I wrapped a shaking Ginny in my arms and managed to contain my own fits of hysterical laughter.

Of course I had to share our adventure with Blaine and in doing so, Ginny returns to get a forgotten back pack and announces quite clearly... "Get rid of that snake and do it now!!"

That being said ...

Anyone want to buy a snake?

No comments: