Ginny, I am so proud of you. Today you gave me $300.00 that you have saved for over a year now. Occasionally you would ask to go to the corner store and you would always take your own money but never did you waiver and decide to spend it on something other than what you had intended. Two Christmas' ago Keegan got an ipod for Christmas and instead of crying and whining and insisting that you get one as well you decided from that point on that you were going to save for an ipod. You told everyone your plan and you stuck to it and after babysitting, cat watching, cutting grass and so much more you reached your goal. That is a big goal for someone your age in fact it is a big goal for someone my age. Having the determination and will power to save for that long is a rare thing in our world. I pray that this will be just the beginning and that you will be able to save for your first car, your secondary schooling and even some day your house. I want you to always look back on this day and remember how excited you were to finally purchase that item that you saved up for. I want you to know that you can achieve anything if you just put your mind to it. I want you to know that even if you fail you can still get right back up and try again.
You are growing into a beautiful young lady. You are smart and compassionate, always willing to help. Your love for others shines in your beautiful smile.
You have struggled greatly with friends in the last year or so and my heart brakes inside when you share with me your hurt and how others have made you feel. You need to always remember that you are different from them and that is why they don't always like you. It won't always be easy but you need to remember
Matthew 25:35-40
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’You are not better than those girls you are different. No matter how hurtful those girls are they still need your love. You don't have to be their friends but you need to still show them kindness and love just like Jesus would have.
Your daddy and I are so proud of you Ginny. Keep shining on and keep showing God's love.
Happy 12 Birthday baby girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment