I am a little behind on my blogging so I may jump around a bit in the next few posts but tonight as I turned off the t.v, took a look around at my kitchen that has recently had a deep clean, made my way through the entry way and up the stairs to our bedroom I felt ... Full. :) Proud in a sense. I love our home. I love the fire place on a cool fall evening. I love knowing that our hot tub on the deck is only a few steps away. I love going to bed with a freshly cleaned/organized house. I love waking up to an empty sink.
I remembered that I had opened Keegan's window today to let some fresh air in so when I went to close it I could hear the familiar sound of music coming from Malakai's room. :) Every night before bed he turns his christian music on very low so he can fall asleep to it. I don't know what has gotten into him in the last few months but before, he used to throw the biggest fit when you told him it was bed time. Lately he gets mad if you let time go by and forget to tell him to go to sleep. Now when you tell him its bed time, he listens right away and heads straight up to bed with no arguing.
As I turned off his music, I couldn't help but smile. There he was, all tucked up in the corner of his new bed.
As crazy as today started out, and with how uneasy I felt for the better part of the day. I ended on a very different not.
Tonight I have that genuine warm and fuzzy feeling. Tonight my heart feels full!
No comments:
Post a Comment