Fact - Did you know that the new term for swinging in unison with another person is called Double Dating? I had no idea and was informed by my soon to be 9yr old this afternoon.
Unlike the last week in our lives today was a very good day. The sun was shining it was well above zero and Daddy was home. Since it was such a great day I insisted we take the kids to the park and I am so glad that I did.
As I sat on the bench and watched Blaine swing beside Malakai while Keegan pushed him, I was touched. I listened as Blaine taught Malakai how to pump his legs while Keegan giggled with glee. It wasn't long before I felt the pull to join them. The four of us broke out into laughter as we all sat on swings swinging in unison going high into the sky. Blaine had a hold of Malakai's chain and Malakai kept coaxing "higher daddy, higher! Go as high as the sky daddy!"
At that moment all the negative comments of how our family will be changed in this whole process disappeared. All the embedded heartaches from the previous days were gone. Our family was still there, there was laughter and smiles, there was brilliant signs of how our bunch is growing so big and the closeness that we share. Sure these moments are a little more sparse now a days but when things look a little down I can look back at today and have confidence in knowing that they will be there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment