
Since Blaine has started his new quest we have had to financially adjust our lifestyle again again. Just when I thought that we had no more room for adjustments everything seemed to fall apart. On Saturday Blaine needed to take apart our washing machine because it was screaming like a jet plane every time it was in the spin cycle. After 3 hrs of working on it he discovered it was the bearing but was unable to get it out. Then on Sunday our check engine light went on in our truck. I was determined to make our Monday better by getting the tools Blaine needed and finding out why our check engine light was on without spending a ton of cash.
My plan failed miserably. The puller that we needed was no where to be found. Either that or they were withholding it so we couldn't save money. I then found out it would cost $600.00 for them to come and fix it. Might I add... this machine is only 1 1/2 yrs. old. So much for Maytag. The truck.... $150.00 just for diagnostics. Needless to say I was desperately calling out to God when my morning was done.
After getting groceries I came home to my dad waiting to help me unload and..... waiting to take me to buy us a new washing machine. He had no idea what we were quoted. He had no idea we were at the end of our rope. He just knew we were having troubles with our washer and wanted to help out. 2 hrs later my dad and I were hauling a huge top of the line washing machine by ourselves into the house.
It was hard to except this most generous gift. I was more than willing to get a cheaper than cheap model but he wanted to get us the best. More than anything it made me realize how selfish I am when it comes to my time and help for others. Sure I have done the good Samaritan thing here and there.
My father though, is a great example of how we should be. He is always painting the church for free, he is always helping my siblings out, and never does he remind them that they still owe him. He is always driving everywhere without questioning the price of gas or the amount of time. He even gave up his holiday money for us to wash our laundry. Who knew that one washing machine could teach me such a life lesson.
1 comment:
Oh Tammy, I miss everyone so much. Your dad is such a sweet man. Make sure to give him a huge hug from me. I am still Alberta Bound, I have been listening to Paul Brandts Alberta Bound everyday, I love that song. PUMP IT UP!!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Post a Comment