May 8, 2008

"ohhh, Jammies"

lately my brain has turned to mush and I am forgetting people, places and times. Blaine tries to reassure me that it's just because we have so much going on right now. My plan .... I am going with Blaine's assumption. After all, I am not that old!

One of these instances in particular was just last Friday when I forgot I was to pick Erin and her friend up at the tri leisure at 8pm. By the time it dawned on me it was 8:15 and we were down a block visiting Blaine's uncle. I made a mad dash home to the truck with Malakai following screaming "I wanna come, I wanna come." The whole way Malakai was chatting about Erin and what she was doing and going swimming. He kept chatting, the whole drive, through the parking lot and into the tri. Obviously I was in a hurry because I was doing a brisk walk while he was trailing behind, chatting away. As we were walking, we passed these two ladies that were all dressed up standing in the middle of the entrance way. Next thing you know I hear Malakai say "oh, jammies" sheepishly. I turned around to observe what was going on.

There was Malakai in his pajama top with rain pants and Ginny's pink and blue rubber boots shrugging his shoulders. The women looked so startled that I had to laugh myself. Then as I looked at the ladies I shocked myself by saying... "boy he sure knew what you were thinking huh? One ladies jaw actually dropped.

Can you believe it though? Who knew that 4 yr olds were so in tune with others observations of themselves. "oh, jammies." I still chuckle.

No comments: