Sep 23, 2008

Knock! Knock!


Why is it that every time we sit around the dinner table it turns into a huge gong show and everyone looses the little manners they actually had? Too some dinner is a time of reflection on the days events. Come to our dinner table and it is usually a bucket of laughs followed by some silly actions followed by spilled milk, knocked over chairs and then some more laughs. Take last nights dinner for example ......

I think Malakai started the knock, knock jokes with "Why did the car smash into the other car?"_____ "Because he was hitting the bad guys car." I know, not funny but boy did they think it was. Over and over we sat and listened to made up knock, knock jokes. Blaine finally tried to explain the concept of a knock, knock joke. "In order to tell a joke you have to be witty." He says. Now remember, he is telling this to a 4yr old, a 7yr old, and a 9yr old. "Dad, what is witty?" Keegan asks. Before Blaine could even answer Ginny pipes in. "oh.... I know!" "Knock! Knock! Blaine is seriously loosing it at this point but humors her "Who's there?" He asks. Ginny burst out laughing and says "Witty!" The timing was right and all Blaine could do was roar with laughter and say yes Ginny, that was witty.

In case I didn't make you laugh, don't worry, I guess you just had to be there. Oh to be a fly on our wall during dinner time.

No comments: