Lately it seems that all I have been doing is cleaning, organizing, and running. Every now and then my blogger world enters my mind and quickly escapes with not even an idea. Today as I was cleaning my very "lived in" home I decided to write about what I do best ..... organizing. I know there are ladies out there who check in once in awhile and I know that yes even you men sometimes lend a helping hand. My question today is what gets your house cleaning butt going? For me I find that I really have to be in the mood to clean. The sad part is since cleaning is a daily chore around here and since I even find myself doing it as an extra income, foul mood or not it has to be done. My trick is comfy clothes and loud music. I am actually contemplating making a cleaning playlist. The one I am going from now is great until It gets to the slow stuff.
Another trick I have just recently discovered is plaques, cubbies and hooks. We have a message chalk board in our kitchen right above our kitchen table. The message changes often with things from "have a good day", to Prayer and table setting charts. One thing that always gets lost in our house is library books and mitts and tuques. My solution ...... A 3 section organizer from Ikea so each kid gets his and her section. A framed piece of artwork that has each child's library day on it gets the books back to school on time and 3 hooks for each child's back pack. Simple solutions for simple organization.
I can not forget to include a yummy recipe I made up and one that I found.
Carrot Surprise Smoothies.
2 cups of carrot's (best straight from garden)
2 small vanilla yougurts
1 cup frozen berries
1 large banana
Throw your 2 cups of carrots in a juicer. Add the carrot juice and all other ingredients into blender and whip up a smoothie surprise.
Our kids love these. In fact today when I gave them frozen juice they whined because they wanted carrot juice.
What to do with the left over carrot stuff from the juicer?
Carrot muffins. You can find a great recipe at www.feastandfamine.com/carrot_muffins They are so yummy that you can't stop at just one.
Ask anyone, when your house is clean and bellies are fed. You feel better on the outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment