Oct 10, 2008

Answered prayers


It seems that wherever we move I am given a beautiful trail to walk. Maybe that is God's way of telling me to get into shape.

Yesterday like most days I dropped the kids off and headed for the goose pond. It is a large pond that has bridges, water spouts and lots of Geese. The kids loving going to the goose pond, especially in the summer when the babies are being hatched.

In our little community we are also blessed with the most amazing little 84 student school.

As I was walking yesterday I was pondering the fact that we will not live here forever and how this was just a spot for us to catch up and have some breathing room while in training. At the same time I was thinking back to June when our principal left the school. My comment was .... if he leaves we are taking our kids and moving. Isn't that the answer to everything? You don't like it so pack it up and go. Unfortunately that is not the way it is supposed to go. Even if we could afford a decent mortgage right now I am sure that Blaine would not move us just for that. Well ..... our new principal came and she is simply amazing. Thoughtful, considerate, caring and compassionate. Still walking, a new thought came to my head. Malakai has 4 more years here if we stay but if our new principal leaves... that is it I am telling Blaine that we are leaving.

Then.... I was reminded. That day when my world was falling apart and all the office staff at the school were leaving I pleaded with God to send staff that were just as great as the ones we had. Not only did he answer my prayer, he answered in ten fold. He sent someone who filled the job and then some. I was so worried that my involvement in the school was going to be effected in some way but I am more involved than ever with the new staff.

I think so often when the road gets tuff we just want to pack it up and run away. God has different plans though. He sees that sticking it out will not only bring us closer to him but also make us stronger.

No comments: