It is 11:07pm and I wonder why I am writing this and not going to bed. I start babysitting a little guy tomorrow. Bright and early! Then I realize I am writing this to treasure today. Hold it close so I can look back on it often and know that we are in God's hand.
Breakforth was this weekend and with the lack of excitement I had going in, I know now that I was intended to go to it. I had a great time. I learned so much about myself and about the thing I struggle with most - raising my children. I won't bore you with details just some greatness.
This morning went really well. I actually persuaded rationally with my children and when they were in angry tears I just brushed it off and walked away. When they came home from school Ginny and Malakai were invited to the neighbors and Keegan was also asked by a friend to play. Blaine and I actually had time on the couch to talk about our aspiring dreams.
The kids came home happy and were eager to wash up and eat. They liked my meal and wanted more. They talked with each other and laughed. It took everything in me not to cry like a blubbering sentimental mother. Then as I looked over at Blaine and saw the smile on his face just staring at the three of them eating their long green beans he looked at me and I asked "what?" "Just soaking it all in" he said. "Just soaking it all in."
Later Keegan and I took off into town to get him a hair cut. I was exhausted by how much that child talked. As I looked at him across the salon and listened to him tell the hairdresser all about his dad's socom game, I noticed another lady just shocked that we would even let him watch that game. The old Tammy would think she was doing something wrong, march home and take the game away. Instead, I soaked it all in and watched in amazement how my child sat and talked someone else's ear off for a change.
Today was a day for soaking it all in and much needed thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment