On Sunday Blaine's thing is that we always have to go for a first of the season buggin ride. Well, his buggy flooded itself so I had to drive Ginny and Grandma back with mine. I was then supposed to go back and see if Blaine got his running. Things did not go so smoothly. After dropping off my crew I could smell the sweet fragrance of supper. I quickly headed back for Blaine only to find that I forgot where he was. It took me at least 20 min of backtracking in the bushes to find him. By the time I did, my dune buggy ran out of gas. Blaine finally got his running only to come plowing around the corner through a HUGE water hole. Needless to say we had to walk at least a mile through bushes, mud and then on the highway to get back home. I seem to remember a time when I walked that same path in those same rubber boots and that same wet suit because of the same blue buggy stalling. Back to the yummy smells we went but still not being able to eat because we had to rescue our toys. The kids loved the fact that finally daddy had to cave and take our 4 X 4 in the mud. Grandpa thought it was funny to spray mud at me who was so nicely driving behind him. Finally one hour later we pulled into the drive way with the little blue buggy in tow. It was a lot of fun but not so much relaxing.
Apr 13, 2009
Easter hike
Every spring, when the weather is nice we go for a huge family walk after the rather large Easter feast. Saturday was at my parents and we did just that, a huge feast and then a nice short walk. It was very relaxing and a lot of fun!



On Sunday Blaine's thing is that we always have to go for a first of the season buggin ride. Well, his buggy flooded itself so I had to drive Ginny and Grandma back with mine. I was then supposed to go back and see if Blaine got his running. Things did not go so smoothly. After dropping off my crew I could smell the sweet fragrance of supper. I quickly headed back for Blaine only to find that I forgot where he was. It took me at least 20 min of backtracking in the bushes to find him. By the time I did, my dune buggy ran out of gas. Blaine finally got his running only to come plowing around the corner through a HUGE water hole. Needless to say we had to walk at least a mile through bushes, mud and then on the highway to get back home. I seem to remember a time when I walked that same path in those same rubber boots and that same wet suit because of the same blue buggy stalling. Back to the yummy smells we went but still not being able to eat because we had to rescue our toys. The kids loved the fact that finally daddy had to cave and take our 4 X 4 in the mud. Grandpa thought it was funny to spray mud at me who was so nicely driving behind him. Finally one hour later we pulled into the drive way with the little blue buggy in tow. It was a lot of fun but not so much relaxing.


On Sunday Blaine's thing is that we always have to go for a first of the season buggin ride. Well, his buggy flooded itself so I had to drive Ginny and Grandma back with mine. I was then supposed to go back and see if Blaine got his running. Things did not go so smoothly. After dropping off my crew I could smell the sweet fragrance of supper. I quickly headed back for Blaine only to find that I forgot where he was. It took me at least 20 min of backtracking in the bushes to find him. By the time I did, my dune buggy ran out of gas. Blaine finally got his running only to come plowing around the corner through a HUGE water hole. Needless to say we had to walk at least a mile through bushes, mud and then on the highway to get back home. I seem to remember a time when I walked that same path in those same rubber boots and that same wet suit because of the same blue buggy stalling. Back to the yummy smells we went but still not being able to eat because we had to rescue our toys. The kids loved the fact that finally daddy had to cave and take our 4 X 4 in the mud. Grandpa thought it was funny to spray mud at me who was so nicely driving behind him. Finally one hour later we pulled into the drive way with the little blue buggy in tow. It was a lot of fun but not so much relaxing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment