Apr 3, 2009

An end to Spring break


Spring break had sprung and we had so many ideas for fun. We started with a family trip to the Science center. 1/4 of the way through Malakai started whining and said he wanted to go home. A touch of his forehead told me that "yet again" he was coming down with something. Little did we know that his precious fever was the beginning of a long, tiring spring break. From one person to the next we began to drop like fly's with Influenza. We soon felt like the Lego man wanting to rip our chest open.

As bad as this sounds we made it a good thing. With the little energy the kids did have, they stayed in the back bedrooms and played quietly. We did a lot of cuddling and were brain washed completely from the television. I especially enjoyed the afternoons when everyone had a good long nap. I remember one day when Blaine came home from work, I opened the curtains in the bedroom so that the sun would pour in the room. All four of us piled into bed to soak up some healing rays. Last night Ginny and Malakai found the dress up box and had a blast with the treasures inside.

Now that we are nearing a week, some of us are coming around but still hacking to bits. I had to go out and get groceries today and you would think that with being cooped up for a week everyone would want to come. Ginny and Malakai were game as long as they could wear their special princess and ninja cop outfits. If only you could have seen the pair. Ginny had on her princess dress with pink polka dotted rain boots and a purple vest to match. I forgot to get a picture of the two but ended up catching one of Malakai. Now most moms would have said no and even I would have said no but I hate seeing kids growing up so fast these days and I thought .... they are seven and five. Why not???? So through Super Store they trudged. Boy did they get some comments. Can you believe that one parent took one look at them, laughed and said "boy, you have a cool mom. I wouldn't let my kids out looking like that." I hope the kids enjoyed their spring break, and I really hope we kick this some time soon!

1 comment:

Karleen Jones said...

She was right you are a cool Mom, but better than that you're a good Mom.