Sep 16, 2009

I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6 switch. Slowly am I going crazy 6,5,4,3,2,1 switch

It is 6:30 am and the alarm goes off. I contemplate just letting the house stay still and quiet. I know exactly what happens when I turn on the bedroom lights and say "time to wake up."

I have no choice, the lights go on and Keegan refuses to wake up because "Malakai kept him awake all night." I think he fails to forget that we were ALL awoken from Malakai's "I'm afraid" bellows and it was more like 15 minutes, not all night. The sound of Malakai hollering from the kitchen makes me well aware of the fact that his full bowl of cereal is now soggy and he no longer wants it. Ginny doesn't know what to wear and now Keegan is spazing because he doesn't like to brush his hair and teeth. As we rush out the door I realize that I have no idea where my keys are and one kid is sockless while the other refuses to go to school.

Finally we get into the truck and for a whole 1/2 hr I get to listen to either ob seen amounts of high pitched laughter or crying because someone is being left out.

School starts, work begins, BREATH!

After a full day of mental grueling I am done work and it is time to get the kids. For one minute my hand sits on the school door just wishing that their bags were ready and they are excited to go home. Nope! No such luck! Malakai stomps his little foot and explains how I "ruined his day" because he doesn't want to go home. Keegan is upset because they just started a puzzle and he wants to finish it. Ginny runs to show me EVERYTHING she colored, drew and made today. We finally make it out the door only to hit the much hated truck of arguing.

We arrive home and hit the door with protests about not wanting to do homework. I try and escape the chaos by sneaking off to the bedroom for just a short nap. Keegan is upset because no one will leave him alone so he locks himself in his room. Ginny is upset because he is not allowed to lock his door. BANG! BANG! BANG! I beg Malakai to close my door. He slams it shut and proceeds to protest that he wants his toys out of their locked room. The timer signaling that dinner is done is going off, BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Ginny is still upset because Keegan is not abiding by the rules. The phone is ringing, no one is answering it. I give up!

The option of a snooze is gone so I sit on the couch. The t.v is on, music is blaring, Ginny is now crying and screaming, Keegan is insisting on alone time and Malakai is proceeding to karate chop the door down. Finally the call for supper. I still hope for a pleasant meal but the ketchup is not standing right, Someone is kicking someone under the table, Someone sat in the wrong chair. Finally Supper is done!

That is it! I lose all control and everyone goes to bed. I don't really care if homework is not done. I really don't care if it is 6:15. I soon become the mean mom that everyone hates.

Everyone is in bed. Not asleep but at least not fighting. Here I sit sharing my day with you. You have got to be kidding me! A hornet has entered my house. In a quick attempt to kill the bugger I look at the house that is absolutely destroyed and am reminded that our house is still for sale. How can a house that has no one home during the day become so messed up? Thus is my life. I am slowly going crazy 1,2,3,4,5,6 switch!

1 comment:

Big Sis said...

Wow, this sooooo reminds me of my life, only I have 1 at home, and she is very quiet, and loves playing with her toys with noone to argue with. AAHHHHHH!