Sep 27, 2009

Sugar ~ a natural cause for distruction!

sometime during the summer we realized that Malaki and sugar were just two things that did not belong. Sure he loves sugar but I honestly think he is allergic to it. Take today for instance. After church, there are 3 large "25th anniversary cakes" sitting for everyone to take a piece. I see a very silly Malakai in the making. Malakai sees, lots of white icing with chocolate shavings and a nice red cherry on the top. A piece here and a couple bites there, silly boy here we come!

Now, mom and dad go off shopping and Malakai is thirsty. The nice cold water tank sits waiting to be empty. Malaki sees it but off in the distance he can here the soft call of a pop wanting him to open it and drink all he can before mom and dad get home.

The potluck is about to begin and Malakai is watching with eyes so big as Nana puts all of her tarts on the platter. Nana knowing that Malakai has no will power whatsoever offers the non fitting tart to Malakai. Unfortunately he can taste it the minute he touches it and mommy sees a case of destructive boy coming out sooner than later.

You think that maybe a good meal will help absorb all that sugar inside. He does so good, lots of potatoes and salad, maybe even some beef. Way down in his toes I know he can feel it. His legs begin to jive and his bum begins to wiggle, his brain starts turning and his mouth starts spurting out sillyness! Is that Malakai under the table grabbing everyone's feet and pulling thier chairs away from them? Of course it is. Couldn't be someone else' child. Oh wait, did he just ask Opa for more desserts?

It all begins here. This is the breaking point. Malakai has lost his battle with sugar and is no longer in control. Needless to say, here I sit, yet again more desserts later and listen to Blaine outside with Malakai. Malakai ..... put your helmet on. Malakai ..... PUT YOUR HELMET ON! Then not even two seconds later you hear Malakai crying because he just now realized his bird feeder broke. Followed by Keegan two minutes later Malakai.... No .... Malakai.... LISTEN! I think this is now the third time he has come in crying.

I swear the poor boy is drugged up on sugar and is crashing hard. I feel sorry for him. He LOVES sugar but it is so mean to him. And yes, I have to admit, when he is jacked up high on sugar I love him so, but he is not the apple of my eye. :)

No comments: