So, Blaine and I became victim to the dreaded H1N1. For us, it was not as bad as some have gotten. Blaine was even worse than myself but we survived and are now about 80% back to normal. Blaine tried to go to work this morning but just could not make it. Of course with piles upon piles of boxes to unpack I did put him to work in a few areas. I enjoy having him and the kids home. It is a nice, much needed break.
Anyway, I happen to be in Ginny's room and as I looked out the window I noticed two older boys approach the kids and their friends. My motherly instinct had to observe and see what was happening. One of the boys proceeded to bike down the steps of the neighbors path way while Malakai sat on his little bike and observed. Over and over in my head I willed him to do the right thing. "Don't do it Malakai!" "Don't do it!" Sure enough, one of the bigger kids challenges Malakai to try it out. I immediately called Blaine over to observe what was probably Malakai's first taste of Peer Pressure. Blaine joined me and observed as Malakai challenged the other teen to go down the steps. "Chicken" .... he chanted. Blaine was so proud of his son for talking smack. Before I knew it I saw Ginny run for the door looking for the bike helmets. I quickly met her at the door and gave her some much needed advice.
Blaine and I stayed and watched as Malakai hauled his bike to the top of the steps. Before he even braced himself for destruction little Ginny pipes in. "Malakai, Mama said don't do it." Blaine gave me one of those you didn't looks and says. "Oh great now the kids that Malakai was taunting will be like "you better not do it ... your "mama" said." I guess I did the forbidden and crossed the line. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment