
My sweet Malakai;
I can't believe that you are already six years old. It seems like yesterday when I would stare in awe at your head full of frosted tips. I loved how you used to cling to me with your little arms secured around my neck. I loved your head of curls and how you used to suck the tags on your bears as you slept. I loved your gut wrenching laugh, I wish I could have bottled it up for rainy days when I just don't feel like smiling. I loved when I would kiss you at night and whisper "I love you." No matter how asleep you were, you always replied "I loves you too mommy." You will always be my little man.
It is hard to see you so frustrated at times. I fear that I have taught you to be impatient and quick to anger. You want so bad to prove your capabilities and your importance that you so often loose your cool. Just like Mommy. But deep down your heart is still so tender. You get embarrassed easily and so often you are quick to let us know that someone "broke your heart."
Keegan and Ginny were so eager to understand the importance of Jesus and believing in him. I asked you a few times and you always said "no." As hard as it was, I respected your decision. You were just being honest. Daddy knew how much it bothered me though.
Last night as you and I drove home in the Smart car by ourselves you shared how at school you learned about Jesus dying on the cross and how it was sad. We talked about sin in our lives and how wonderful it is that Jesus takes it all away. I asked you if you believed and if you wanted to let Jesus know that you do. You asked if I believed, then you said the sweetest thing... "You can pray for me mom." I knew what you meant. I asked if you wanted to pray with me and you said yes. Together we prayed and when we were done I explained that the angels were celebrating. Once again I heard that sweet laughter.
Your going to do all right my boy. With God by your side you are going to rock this world.
I love you.
1 comment:
and my heart just melted...yay!!
Post a Comment