Aug 11, 2010

The end of summer is nearing

The end of summer is nearing and TODAY I am excited. The kids will be headed back to routine, work will pick up again and Blaine will go back to 8 hour days (thank goodness!).

TOMORROW I may be dissapointed, I like camping with the kids, nature hikes, late nights and no homework.

Last night Blaine and I took just 3 hours away to share a simple conversation over 25 cent wings and lemonaid.

This summer has been fun. Over the summer We have enjoyed entertaining again, BBQ's, celebrations and family dinners. The kids and I were enspired to "BE" the church outside the church so we volunteered to help the seniors with BINGO on Wednesday nights. It brings back memories of when I was a kid and helped at my moms work. We spent a lot of time with family (maybe even too much) pitching together to help dad with the house. My neice Stephanie has been staying with us during the week to watch the kids while we work. While I freak out over messy rooms and unkept kids, I need to step back and realize they are having a great summer. The kids love having someone play endless babies, barbies and imagination with them.

Ginny turns 9 in two weeks. Looking back hurts a little more than normal right now. Last month Blaine (now known as the Eraser) tried to clean up my computer because it was acting up. Unfortunately the pictures, songs, videos and so much more that he "moved" over to the external hard drive, didn't actually make it over before he wiped it clean. Weeks later, the pro's found some images and managed to move them over to an external hard drive but what really remains I have yet to determine. As far as the computer goes, we need to save for a new one.

Malakai has been seen by a naturopathic doctor and has been found to have a copper deficiancy. After months of supplements, I am finally getting the snuggles, hugs and "I love you's again." I missed them dearly.

Keegan has grown an attitude over the summer. He has also grown a back bone, enabling him to say NO a little firmer and louder. I am reminded of how he is no longer a kid and needs to be let loose a little more.

Blaine and I decided to take a weeks holiday at the end of August. We talked about it for so long that we finally just decided to do it. We aren't going anywere, just staying home and relaxing! We may not send the kids back on the first or we may send them back to school and just take that time for eachother. Either way, it is one last way to keep our summer special.

No comments: