Jun 25, 2011

Best Birthday Ever




Wow! I have two posts in the brain so I need to catch up before it all disappears. After all, I am a year older now. The week before my birthday was kind of a downer so I had no choice but to try and make it good for myself. Tuesday night I went out and bought some Eggo waffles to make for the kids for breakfast so that they would be in better spirits when I woke up at least. It was a hit. Malakai explained that "he knew it was a special day" just because we were having waffles. It turns out that it was even more special because they were Eggo and not daddy's. Trust me when I say this though, Daddy's are far, far tastier and better for you than Eggo's.
I knew everyone at work had something planned since they told me to keep my birthday lunch free but I had no idea it would end up being that special. When they asked me to pick a restaurant I was immediately knocking out the ones I didn't want to go to. Trust me, this little town has two really good dinners but the rest can sometimes end up kind of sketchy. To my surprise we ended up at Earls in the city with more than a one hour lunch break. What an amazing time with friends. I felt so special and enjoyed myself immensely.
After work Karl came over with Ciera and we had dinner and a visit. Krista came all the way from edmonton to hand deliver a birthday card and present.
Then to wrap up my special day the "Hosers" had our routine Wednesday night game. That was also so much fun. Karl watched for a few minutes and when he left he yells out "Happy Birthday" Aunty. After that, every pitch they made, every run they made and every out we accomplished was for my birthday. I ended up making a few great catches and even a great hit. Everyone played awesome and ... We WON!!!!
Like I said, it was a super special day, with super special friends and family. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I truly felt like a princess.
I was greatly encouraged with the many unique and traditional facebook birthday wishes. I was blessed with the personal phone calls and the little added gifts that were dropped off or left sitting on my night stand.
In a time that mattered the most, God reached down and blessed me by letting me know that I am truly loved, cherished and valued. He also showed me how to make others birthdays just as special.

2 comments:

DaveJenn said...

ummmm...didn't we go to Olive Garden? Maybe you were wishing for Earls :).

Tammy said...

ha ha ha that is so awesome!! Oh dear. Nope I was not hoping for Earls. I have no idea where Earls came from. Perhaps I was reminiscing about my last fun gathering at Earls. :) Silly me!