Ever since our move, I have had this overwhelming felling of "newness". A new house, a new school, new routine, new season, new outlook on life, even a new smell. When your world flips upside down somewhat like it did for us this summer, you can decide to deal with irrationally by filling it with anger, resentment or depression. Or, you can keep putting one foot in front of the other and have faith that God will get you through. Perhaps that is my reasoning behind this newness. So many people are praying for my parents and us that it has given me a sense of peace and acceptance. At the same time, I have chosen to make things different for us. I have chosen to work harder at my relationships and I have chosen to work harder at seeing myself in a different more positive way.
Highlight of my afternoon and morning ~ Malakai and I were spending some one on one building lego. The whole time I was building, I was listening to him sing and mummble and tell stories. The whole time not knowing what on earth I was creating. All of a sudden he looks up at my piece of work and says ... "Awesome!! Mom that is great. Look, if I add it to this, it becomes a garage for my motor bike. So cool!" Who knew! :) Then this morning, it being grocery day our staples are low and we have very little time for creativity. So, in a mad dash I whipped up some muffins, threw a pizza in the oven, found a cheese stick and some fruit, threw on a pot of oatmeal and had breakfast and lunch taken care of. As I am upstairs getting ready I hear Malakai ... "Mom, you are awesome! You gave us all our food groups in lunch today."
What a way to lift a mom's spirits.
No comments:
Post a Comment