Mar 7, 2012

A prayer for Avery
















On October 7, 2010 I opened my heart and amongst many, many others prayed a prayer for Gideon who was born with hypophosphatasia  Nothing shy of a miracle could save that babies life ... but God heard our prayers and he did just that.  God performed a miracle and today Gideon is a normal, healthy, crawling, squealing, rambling 16 month old.

This is Avery!  I wrote about her a couple of posts ago and even though is has been a couple of weeks since I learned of Avery's news I am still just as upset about it.   Avery is 14yrs old and recently found out that she has Ewing's Sarcoma.  Avery always held a special place in my heart and has touched it in so many ways.  There isn't an hour that goes by throughout the day when I don't think of Avery.  Tears sting my eyes when I look at her sweet face and imagine the pain that she is going through. My heart aches when I read her mom's email updates filled with openness on exactly how they are feeling.  I feel so helpless.  I can't even fathom how this could happen.  The MRI's have shown that the cancer remains in one area.  Today Avery had a bone marrow biopsy and they are awaiting the results.  Tonight Avery starts a very long process of Chemo.

I pray that through all of this, Avery will be surrounded with peace.  I pray that the Chemo going in will do it's job and flush out of her body before even a symptom will be felt, and that every strand of hair on her head will remain.  I pray a protection over every single healthy cell in her body, and that her bone marrow will go untouched.  Most of all, I pray that Avery's health will return, the cancer will diminish and the sparkle in her eyes will remain.   May God provide Avery with a long healthy life just like he has begun with Gideon.  

No comments: