Every time she puts on that uniform I see my little girl grown up before my eyes. I hear her laugh changing, her comments are more mature and even the way she walks has changed. Her braces have been removed and her teeth are falling out like crazy. :) Of course it didn't happen right before soccer though. In fact, it has been happening all along. Unfortunately it took a tragedy for us to see her so differently. The first time I noticed it was when I seen a picture that I took of her the day before my mom's funeral. We had both gone to the hair salon to get our hair trimmed and I had taken her picture with her hair all curled ... She is beautiful. She misses her Nana so much, just as we all do. She is so positive though. Making cute remarks about Nana being in heaven and God giving her hugs for us.
I see how I was at Ginny's age and we have our similarities but I like how she is different than I was. I think about how Blaine and I were in LOVE when I was 16 and I think "oh my goodness, that is only 4 short years away." I hear her dreams and her hopes and would grant her every one if I could. I would hold her heart in my hands so that no friend and no boy would ever harm it, if I could.
I have so many hopes and dreams for her, and I am sure that we share the same ... But I can be even more sure that most of them will remain only mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment