I thought of you a lot this weekend...
I pictured you up there, on your belcony, at Discovery Place watching the fireworks.
I saw you in every senior who I served a pancake to. I could hear your voice telling me to not be stingy and give them more.
I saw you sitting in the crowd on lawn chairs as I drove the fire truck and waved to the many familiar faces in the parade.
I felt your smile as I sat with a patient, waiting till the ambulance came.
I saw you sitting in your chair, looking out the window as I listened to the birds sing their glorious song.
I rememberd you in your last days ...
I can't help but miss curling up on the end of your hospital bed, watching t.v while you slept.
I wish I could feel you squeeze my hand and hear you call me your Shatzee.
If I close my eyes and think hard enough, it's as though I can feel you run your hands through my hair.
My heart feels this deep, throbbing ache for you tonight. For your words of comfort and wisdom, for your smile, for your love.
I miss you both like the flowers miss the rain ... like the birds miss the spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment