Jun 4, 2014

Happy 15th Birthday

Hey Kiddo;

In just a few short hours you will be 15.  15!!! Can you believe that?  It is so hard to believe that in 3 years you will be an adult.  Wow how the time fly's by.  The other day I read something that someone had posted on Facebook about raising teenagers.  It talked about how us as parents should take the time to do all these great things with you so that you will turn out awesome.

There is no secret that you and I have had our differences this past year.  I think our biggest challenge is that we are so much alike that we tend to get on each others nerves.  We are both not morning people.  Ginny comes upstairs all bubbly and wants to know how we slept, dad comes downstairs whistling away, while you and I both need silence.  Sometimes their happy is too loud. :)  Just like me you love to tease but sometimes you tease to rough or someone takes your teasing the wrong way.  We have tender hearts but boy can we let others know when we are not impressed.

Anyways, after reading that article my heart ached a little.  I felt like for some reason I failed you but then no sooner did I think that when you came upstairs, laughing hystarically because you called some kid Salmon when his name was Solomon.  Lately you have been cracking these little harmless insults that show you are just trying to tease us.  Your freakishly passion for ants has finally turned into something interesting.  You have such a passion to become an enterpernour.  You are always looking to make something that will sell big.  :)  I am so proud of you.

I love how dating is not your number one concern.  I love how when family tempts you to try things that you shouldn't you stand firm and say no.  I love how have your own sense of style.  I especially love how I shared that exact same style when I was your age but you think of us as old. :) I love your crackling voice and your laughter.  I love how you always want your sister or brother by your side.  I love how as much as you hate our rules, you will still abide by them.

I guess what I am trying to say is although I sometimes feel like I am failing with you, all I have to do step away and look through the window at the man you are becoming.  You will struggle and I will have to let you fall but I will always be there to pick you up and pat you on back.  You are finding your own wings and learning to fly.  Always remember how important God is to our family.  Always remember that we are there for you no matter what.  Always know that we will be here every step of the way until you spread your wings and soar.  Happy Birthday son.

Love you buddy.
XOXOX

Mom


     

No comments: