Well, We celebrated Keegan's birthday last weekend. We whisked ourselves off to Blaine's Aunty's cabin up at Island lake. I love going there. It is such a treat. Fishing, playing and reading about covers our weekend.
It is so much fun to sit back and see Keegan fishing all on his own. To see him clutch his prize with vice grip hands like he never wants to let it go. He is growing so big. I have noticed in the last little bit that he loves to do energetic things. Something that can can so easily get hidden behind his computer adventures or his bug findings. So often I take for granted his "I love you mom" or "your not going anywhere right mom?" The sense of anxiousness can get a little frustrating at times but when he looks at us and says "This is the best birthday ever" You know where his heart is.
This whole time I have been so frustrated with Blaine working so many hours and how I would love to have a break from these kids for just a moment. Yet we never sit back and think about what it is like for these kids. How much they miss having our family moments and how much they miss playing with daddy. We sat down in a nice hotel room, just the two of us back in November and really assessed our lives. We decided that we needed to change some things. Family is ever so important to us and building these bonds with our children is something we want for our future. The evidence of them acting out or reassuring their love for us is a significant sign that our changes are working. They sense the time that is now gone and are not happy with it.
I worry about Blaine working so many hours and yet he just trudges along doing his job. Whenever he is even later than expected I get a phone call from him. His first words are "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!" That's like him though. Adding humor whenever possible. It was nice to get away and see him get a chance to relax for a change.
But now we sit, back to the grind. For a moment my children are getting along, playing outside in the sand box. I can hear their imaginations run wild as I am typing. I am sure in the next few moments the tears and screams will be heard. They will be tired of each other and their mommy and anxious to see their daddy. Then the phone will ring and there will be Blaine "SHOW ME THE MONEY! We know this routine all to well. We are looking forward to the next time when daddy will whisk us off again for a much needed weekend escape!
No comments:
Post a Comment