Jan 21, 2008

Everyone needs a Malakai!




You would not believe what our Malakai did today. Like every other day I arrive to pick the kids up from school, We were all waiting for the kids to get out so a friend of mine and I started chatting. All the kids were let go except for Malakai. I could see him standing there and the teacher could see me but she wasn't letting him go. I finally hollered to her that I was right there and that she could let him out. Then I heard the dreaded words. "I need to talk to you."

Hearing those words is just like being young and getting called into the office. So often I have heard her say those exact words to other mothers and it almost always has to do with a behavior issue. I basically walked the plank all the way to Malakai and his teacher.

"We had a little incident" she says. I knew in my heart this moment would come. Malakai probably lost his temper in school and blew his top.
"We were having gym" she begins...."and I had all the kids in a line when I noticed someone was missing." At this point in the conversation I was getting a little worried. "All of a sudden" she continues "I noticed Malakai on the other side of the gym just ready to pull the fire alarm. Just as I hollered Malakai No! he pulled it"

Yup! At the sweet age of 4, My child pulled the fire alarm. The most humorous part was Ginny and Keegan so anxious to tell me that someone pulled the fire alarm and that they all had to stand outside and wait till it was o.k to go back in. How can you not laugh? Now I am just wondering if that was something Blaine would have done or myself? Definitely Blaine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great story and reminds me of a friend who's big brother convincingly told him that if he pulled the "fire alarm" thing, jelly beans would come it. He tried it and you guessed it, no beans...just panic.

Hope all is well:)