Jan 27, 2008

Hey, hey, whats that sound?

You know the saying "A picture says a thousand words?" Yeah well I never really thought about it until we took this picture while we were in Jasper this weekend.

First, the highlights of our trip.

~ Having faith in God is like crossing a frozen lake that has been crossed by a ton of people but still knowing that you could fall through. Hearing the coyotes while your out there in the middle of the lake is another story.

~ No matter how cold it is you will cross any bridge and hike any mile just to hear your child's laughter or see their smile.

~ I still have no idea how a black, cold, metal bar could look so tasteful to a child. I can only imagine what it sounds like when they rip their tongue off. (Ginny was our first child to attempt this)

~ Who knew we had any idea what to do with a gushing tongue in the middle of a canyon.

~ Trying something when you older is almost always harder than it was when you were younger. "I can do it, I can do it!"


This is our trooper Ginny. Ginny did 2 hikes that were both 2 hrs. long. She also crawled into a very confined cave without complaining once or crying. It is so wonderful to see a child who doesn't wine and doesn't complain 24 hrs. a day.


This is me in the cave. I did complain. I was a little terrified to go into it. I had done it before in high school but it didn't help. I did it though!


This is a beautiful picture of the outside of the cave. Don't be deceived! The real entrance was much, much smaller


Last but not least...The picture that says a thousand words
Here we are, in the canyon on top of ice that has lots of cold rushing water underneath. We just set the timer on the camera so we could get a group pic. Just as the camera is ready to click we hear this huge thundering sound. Take a close look. Erin is clutching my arm (like I could save her.) Blaine is looking on the ground waiting for it to swallow us up ( or is he just a little worried about where my hand is going?) and yes I am screaming at the top of my lungs. Then there is Ginny, smiling at the camera like nothing is happening.

A picture says a million words.

2 comments:

erin said...

I love your screaming face! I laughed at lot at your picture...I probably would have done the same thing! Miss you guys...

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds cold, awesome, cold, fun, cold, scary, cold, adventurous and cold.