Aside from raising the most money, one of the first challenges was to bring a baked good. The only key thing that we picked up on was .. it had to be on a serving plate that you would not get back and the fact that presentation was important. We chose to do a three dimensional bee because our schools mascot is buzz the bee. I knew for sure that we would end up selling our cake but little did I know that the wings would fall off and that we would still end up getting $20.00 for it. This cake won us huge points in the race.
There were so many other events that we endured through. We ended up having to climb 242 stairs only to end up at the top with the question, "how many stairs did you just climb?" I was on top of that one and we actually counted as we climbed. That saved us from having to do it again. There were a lot of mind puzzles and thank goodness Blaine is so good at those. He rocked! We got to bet on horses, do a scavenger hunt on a city bus, archery, lighting a fire with flint, swimming laps and so, so much more. The ultimate best was of course ...
So, there you have it, that is what us crazies were up to this weekend. I loved it. Oh, I think I forgot to say .... WE CAME IN 1st PLACE!!!! I still felt bad for the ones that stayed ahead of the rest but were beat by us in the end. I guess points are added up for certain things along the way. I found that the challenge is not all about speed and endurance, quality plays a big part also. It does however feel good to see and hear the excitement from your kids, your parents and all your friends. I will always cherish how all nine teams got to freeze together in the middle of night while listening to loons, dogs, coyotes and so much more NOT! :) In the end, it was the cherished memories and time spent with the one that I love the most. I am so proud of Blaine ... even though I Blame him for my hurting a ton more this year than I did last. It was well worth the challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment