I think it is safe now to say that "I got the job!" As of June 2nd I will be the new Administrative assistant at our church. This has been a huge thing for us. Needless to say, my May has been filled with my wheels constantly turning, with frustration and excitement and with both positive and negative feedback.
For me, it is a giant step that all of us are taking together. The kids will need child care, Blaine will have to step up to the plate and help out a little more around the house, and I will no longer have the freedom that I am used to.
I am sad that I will no longer walk the kids down the familiar path to school and that I will no longer be able to just hang out there and chat with teachers, or stop by at friends for tea. I will miss my routine and I dread the fact that eventually our weathered path will become overgrown.
At the same time I am excited. For so long I have felt like a part of me didn't really fit in. I have friends who are high into careers with no kids, and then I have friends that have really little ones that are completely focused on doctors appt, nap times, and diapers.
Finally I have something that is just for me. I know that there will be politics and annoyances. Like any job there will be times where I will think "what have I done?" This is such an opportunity for me and I am so thankful.
At the same time, opportunities have opened for the kids. The possibility of going to a school with great moral principles and smaller than small class sizes may be on the horizon.
This is a new beginning for us. This new beginning is a fresh start where I am happy to say God has been the driver and even though I have wanted to, I have not taken the steering wheel. I admit, I have been the back seat driver at times but he is still in control and we are along for the awesome adventure.
3 comments:
congrats!
now blaine an get that pink scooter he always dreamed of, right?
Maybe we can even get matching ones. :) I would prefer a sleek black and silver though.
Yeah! I'm so happy for you!!
Post a Comment