Last weekend was the all church family camp out. In previous years we were always to preoccupied with our own camping adventures and never took part in the giant church one. This year, I am so glad that I made up my mind and said "we are going!" We had such a great time with the kids and with our many friends. I really enjoyed the fact that in this opportunity Blaine and I were not tied down with babies or toddlers. We are at that stage in life where we could say "mommy and daddy are playing volleyball, we will be right over there if you need us," and that was that.
It was also great for the kids ... Malakai made his way up the important brother ladder. Turns out that he is quite the bug catcher. Altogether he brought us home a toad, a horsehair worm, a few dozen leaches (one attached to his leg) and some snails. Keegan braved his element and joined a soccer game by himself, in the rain, with thunder rolling. Ginny was a little mini me (when I was her age) and wandered around from baby to baby helping all the moms.
I loved playing volleyball like I usually do but most of all I loved sharing a cup of tea in the back of our pick up, in the pitch black with my Blaine. We had great talks and huge laughter when the mystery animal proceeded to break our conversation with his "Nip" sound. I also enjoyed hunting lightning bugs with Blaine while the kids slept in the tent. I was in awe as they flew all around us and landed in Blaine's hand. We ended up using "Keegan skills" and captured one but I only kept it for a day and felt really bad so I released it.
No comments:
Post a Comment