Feb 26, 2010

Moon lit sledding and nature hike

One day as we traveled the bridge through the hills, and over the river Blaine said "this little town reminds me of living in Jasper". The first time I took a look at this house and saw the ravine at the end of the block I knew it was meant for us.

I Can't say I entirely agree with Blaine since I haven't yet woke up to Elk in my yard, bears hanging out in sheds or the beautiful view of mountains but I undertood.

As a child he would ride his bike through the mountain side, go sledding down the largest hills and build forts in the trees. Each adventure was a new experience. As a teen I remember taking Sunday hikes with my dad. I was so afraid that we would run into a Bear but spending the time with my dad was worth it. Then when Blaine and I were dating we would climb this one mountain in particular (It wasn't as treacherous as it sounds, there were stairs and a sight seeing legend at the top). Anyways, I remember sitting up there together, talking about our future and what it held for us.

16 years later we have taken that passion and instilled in into our kids. We love hiking with the kids and take the chance when ever we can. Last night we took out our toboggan's and had so much fun sliding all the way down. By the time we got to the bottom it was dark and the moon lit our path. Keegan freaked out when I saw a bunch of deer running into the bushes. Later he freaked me out as he yelled "DEER, DEER, DEER" with my back towards them. I admit .... I didn't hear deer. I distinctly heard BEAR and the way he was acting even you would have thought that was his reason for freaking out. Then as we struggled with toboggans, and piggy backing Malakai up the trail I knew what Blaine was getting at. This was our third time hiking this trail but each time is a new experience.

So, if living here with out the high cost of Everything , the unlimited transients and bears :) means that I still get the Jasper benefits. I'm game.

No comments: