Years ago, when I was Probably as young as seven, my mom and I started this thing where every morning when she would part her way to work and I would head off to school, I would say "you pray for me" and she would say "and I will pray for you".....
At the time it was because I was a very nervous child and had a weighing mind fearful of everything. Little did I know how big of an impact that action would become.
Lately I have been feeling like I am on a train headed in one direction in full speed. I see God in the signs flashing by but when I turn my head to catch a glimpse he is gone or another sign catches my attention. I have been trying so hard to reconnect. At times I would blame others for not coming along side me and taking the reigns. Maybe then they could be held responsible and not me.
I long to intimately pray with my family. Sure I have prayed in the rarest evening with Blaine or prayed in the hurried morning with the kids but the other day something triggered in my mind. I asked Blaine and the kids how I can pray for them. How simple that was.... After that it was like popcorn just starting to pop. Ginny would ask how she could pray for Daddy and Keegan for me. Yesterday Malakai wasn't feeling so good so he asked me to pray that God would make him feel better. The best was when I asked Blaine how his day went and he broke out into a huge grin, nodded his head and said "I got my projects underway, it went really well." Then as I was high fiving Blaine because I once again Balanced the main account, Ginny joined in and I thought, sure I would have thanked God for answering prayer but not so openly and it wouldn't have been so evident for the kids.
Who would have thought that a simple "you pray for me, and I will pray for you" gesture would travel through the generations. :)
So, as I head toward my day today. I will pray for you, if you will pray for me!
1 comment:
That's totally awesome. Larissa and I have made it a SPECIFIC thing to ask each other for prayer when we need it, to openly share our needs that only God can fulfill, and even when we 'bless the food', it becomes a genuine prayer. Probably annoys some people because it takes too long, but I love Jesus more than food, so they can shut it. ;-)
Neither of our families really prayed together, so we're really trying to put this into motion. I hope it can travel through generations like "You pray for me, I'll pray for you!" :-)
Post a Comment