Aug 11, 2011

My Man

There is something about that man. The one that made my heart skip a beat the first time he kissed me. The one that makes me supper when I am completely done after an eventful day at work. The one that stows little love notes all over the house on our anniversary. There is something about the man that can't keep his hands from touching me, especially when I have cleaned all day and am wearing an outfit that doesn't match with my hair up in a bun. The man that holds me close and strokes my back as I shed tears of heartache. The man that bruises a rib by jumping on the trampoline with the kids. The man that says "you played good tonight" when I barely caught any balls and struck out twice. The man that I get excited to share a quick meal with before exams. The man that steals me away for a walk just to get me out of the house. The one that texts me during the day with "hey Beautiful, how is your day going? Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. There is something abou the man that as he walks out the door he says "see you later Beautiful." The one that leans in for a kiss each morning before he leaves and tells me to have a good day. There is something about the man that has stollen my heart and held it close to his for almost 15 years. That man is my husband, my companion, my soul mate and my best friend. I love my man.

3 comments:

Terry J. Stroud said...

It's sad, but few women find a man as amazing as that. Always remind him that he is your man. Constantly let him know your love. Remember that satan will try to destroy it since it's so precious to you... and God's love and embrace will keep you two standing strong together above EVERYTHING that comes your way!!!

You're an amazing couple, and awesome friends. Larissa and I (and Judah!) love you guys!

Tammy said...

So very true!! We love you guys too.

Ruby Jordan said...

:)